Saturday, November 29, 2008

At Long Last......

I finally got around to blogging again.. It's been a while because I tried so hard to post a video (for the first time..)of Jack playing the jazz version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".. a piece his teacher said is one that will "bring him to a new level of expertise" in piano.. He plays it so well, he gives us the goosebumps. I look at his music and wonder how he can possibly READ it, let alone play it and memorize it. It's amazing to me. He's been taking piano lessons now for over 2 years with the best piano teacher in the world. She is very strict, very demanding, but so caring- and so all the boys want to do is please her. I love that... But anyways, I wanted to post a video of Jack playing his piece, but I guess that being the spaz I am, I can't do it. Any tips anyone can give me about how to post videos would be so appreciated!!!! I'll move on now........

We had an AWESOME Thanksgiving week starting out in Disney World in Orlando, and ending up at the Disney Resort on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. We've been there before, but the kids were younger then.. so this year was different. The boys were able to head off on their own- to play pool, ping-pong, or just explore the place. I am not one to let my kids wander off without me, but I felt completely safe here, and the boys had a blast without their annoying, nerdy Mom hovering over them at all times! A good time was had by all!




When we got back, I had to finish up my house decorating- and one thing I had forgotten about was a lighted snowman I bought on sale last year after Christmas. I set it up, put it on our front porch, and went off to decorate something else. When I came back, I saw Elisa all dressed up, DANCING with this snowman who was just her size. She has been watching WAY too much of her Princess Christmas movies!! But she is so cute, it kills me!!!!



Oh.. and one more thing.. Jack and Will can put on a great Freak Show.... I'm scared.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Disney World for Thanksgiving? Fun! Those pictures are so cute. It sounds like you had a great time!

Shannon is just like Jack when it comes to music. She's in her 3rd year of clarinet and it amazes me how she plays it. Her private lessons teacher wants her to audition for the district band, so she is considering that. She has a solo coming up this week in the school concert. She is playing one of the songs from Harry Potter. I'll try to get that on tape. When she plays it it sounds just like the music in the movie.

Anonymous said...

I just love your family photos. I missed your blogs while you were away and even though we talk everyday on our walks, I still look forward to your blogs and pictures. Thanks!

Jen said...

I just showed these pictures to Shannon and she said the funniest thing:

"I love it when Krissa gets pictures of Bella crying. They are so cute!"

I thought you'd REALLY enjoy that...

Krissa said...

Jen-

I have MANY pictures of Bella crying, trying to escape, pinching the kid who is unfortunate enough to be holding her for the picture- I swear, the few pictures we do have of her actually smiling is because we have bribed her in some way, or she has just figured out what is next on her destruction list- so she smiles and can be on her way... I will send some so Shannon can see!!! :)