Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things....

I have just about the worst case of laryngitis I have ever had in my life. And that is a huge bummer since this week is really busy, with the kids' Open Houses for school, back to school shopping, seeing people we haven't seen all summer.. being able to speak coherently would be really helpful and convenient right now. I was trying to talk to Jack's teachers, and he was bright red with embarrassment at my attempt at speaking. Sorry, Jack!!!

But at the same time, these precious little guys have said things that have made ME cringe, or laugh, or want to cry with how cute they are... here are a couple that stand out.

My friend Tricia and her daughter Makenzie took Elisa out today for lunch and a movie- and it was the best thing they could have done. I was able to take a nap with the baby while the boys and their friends played Wii. Elisa was gone for 4 hours, and when she came back she was so excited to tell me what she ate at lunch and how much she liked the movie. She saw Kit Kittredge- she loved it- and then they went to Chilis. Where, she said, she ordered "Mackyrony cheese and cornatthecob" . When she said that, I almost died thinking how much I love that little girl. Corn AT the Cob- I just love her!!!!

And then there was the time when Will was about 3 years old and he asked me, completely seriously, for a " Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with no peanut butter and no jelly, just ham and cheese, but no cheese....." He looked me dead in the eye and asked for that... thank God he wasn't with friends in a restaurant!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no peanut butter and no jelly but with ham and chesse but no cheese...I swear I could hear Will saying that. That might be the funniest thing ever!