Monday, August 4, 2008

Oops, I did it AGAIN, dammit!!!!

I look old. No, It's not just because I am not getting enough sleep (Bella is getting new teeth and is up at night.) No, it's not because we have 2 weeks to get our back to school shopping done and I'm being run ragged. I feel great, I have tons of energy. I guess I look old because I have GRAY HAIR. Not natural gray hair, no... I did this to myself. Not on purpose, believe me. But, seriously, I have been coloring my own hair for years and can count on half a hand how many times it came out a normal, human hair color. Don't you think I would have learned by now? I have had platinum (not a cool, Paris Hilton platinum at all...) dark brown, light brown, and pink (also not on purpose!! It was a horrible accident, I don't want to even think about it..) But gray? I look horrible- Fred hasn't even seen it yet, and I am not even sure how to correct it. My hair is so damaged from the sun, it's not even funny. I think if I put one more chemical in it, I will have no other option but to buy a wig. Elisa saw me this morning and was staring at me- when I asked her what she was thinking, she said "I think your hair doesn't look good..." Sweet, huh? She continues, "It looks kind of black". I said, " I know I know- I'll fix it!" She walked away and came back with her new panda Webkin and told me I had hair like her panda's hair. I love how kids tell it like it is, don't you? If only we could all be that honest and get away with it!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I remember that accident with the pink hair! Isn't it awful when that happens? I once dyed my hair this shade of blond that looked yellow. I'm not kidding. When I got done my mother said "It looks like someone peed in your hair." I think I started crying. Haha!

Lisa Haass said...

Oh god, oh god - the comparison to the webkin is the best ever! Did I mention at all that I LOVE THAT KID! Give her a kiss for me....